Wood Burning Stove and Fireplace Maintenance
One of the additional services besides Chimney Sweep is Wood Burning Stove And Fireplace Maintenance.
A lot of people do not know what it means and ask about what is included in this service.
Here is the scope of work for the Wood Burning Stove And Fireplace Maintenance service:
- checking the tightness of the connections of the chimney system,
- visual check for cracks in insulation elements (bricks and chamotte blocks),
- visual check of the overall condition of the device, the condition of parts of everyday use, such as hinges, ash pan, grate, etc.
- visual check for external cracks of metal elements of a fireplace or other type of device,
- visual inspection of gaskets (seals with asbestos cord), door and windows.
NOTICE! All these activities are necessary, but the latter one is particularly important.
Make sure that you do not suck in any unwanted air or do not get carbon dioxide out of it, which is an odourless and poisonous gas.
Servicing of the fireplace is required by the manufacturer, due to the validity of the warranty.
It is also necessary to maintain your safety.